Friday 6 January 2012

Week #1 Challenge: Create a list of everything that went “right” in 2011

I love how this challenge starts off POSITIVE!!!!!!!

Today I am going to be my own rainbow in the cloud of 2011 - which to be perfectly honest was a mixture of good and not so good.

As I read over the questions and think about the "rainbow" parts of 2011, Miss L wakes up from her sleep because she has flooded her sleep nappy and now needs a refreshing bath. I love bath time with Miss L, we sing, blow bubbles, have cups of tea, make "cake pops" (OMG - One of new favourite things to make!!!) and the teacher in my always reads books. At the moment we are reading a mixture Grug and one of my personal favourites Dr Seuss!!!!!!!!!

Today Mr Football helps out does the bath as Miss L is having a daddy's little moment and only wants him. So as I'm changing the bed sheets and finding new clothes for her to wear after the bath I hear giggles coming from the bathroom, I pop my head around the corner and here is the two of them with bubble goaties, madly shooting each other with tiny water guns. I wander off and put the wet sheets into the laundry then I heard Mr Football ask Miss L - "So is it Grug or Dr Seuss today?" she tilts her little head to the side and tells him that she wants Dr Suess. He starts to reads and to my sheer delight he is reading my all time favourite Dr Suess - "Oh, The Places You'll Go". As he reads the first two pages the words wash over me as if Dr Suess is talking to me about my SYL Challenge.

I want to share these powerful words with you!!!
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the woman who'll decide where to go!

So lets get my rainbow of 2011 on!!!!!!!!!

What energised you?
  • My daughter - Miss L, she is the light of my life. I knew love before she arrived but I didn't know how powerful the love of a mother was until I became one. I now make a point to thank my mum all the time as I now understand what it means to be a mum!!
  • New ideas at work.
  • Passionate teachers.
  • Going to the gym - when I'm getting up at 5.30am to go isn't energising but once I'm there and pumping through my program, I'm ALL energised!!!
What made you feel happy?
  • Miss L
  • Getting my morning cuddles from my cherubs (my students)
  • Cooking new foods.
  • Gorgeous photos of my family
  • Going on our family holiday to Thailand
  • Being asked to be Assistant Principal.
  • Being told by my boss I'm doing a great job (I like to please)
  • Friends
  • Actually finding the time to read a book and NOT a school book!!!
  • Being crafty
  • Playdough
  • Pole dancing - NOT the sexy type hehehe I'm so not sexy at pole dancing. Ask Mr Football - he just laughs everytime I show him a new trick as there is always sooooooo much grunting and groaning trying to get into position then its like "quick quick are you watching, ohhhhh no I'm out of it".
  • Shopping
  • DVD players in cars - best invention ever!!!
  • SHOES of course
What made you feel at peace?
  • Finally getting Miss L diagnosed with Delayed Reaction to cowes milk potein, allergic to soy and eggs.
  • Finding a doctor who listened to Mr Football and I and acted on Miss L's problems.
  • Dad and Mr Football's Mum getting better.
  • Realising I need to make a change in my life.
What positive people lifted you up?
  • Moo Moo
  • Carlotta
  • Mrs P and Miss N soon to be Mrs H
  • Some of the AP's I met at conference.
  • Guy Claxton, Jason Clarke, Michael Futton
  • Blasting music and dancing. I even had a re-live of the music of year 12, OMG best car trip ever and I was the only person in the car!!!!
  • Taking a trip away with just Mr Football and doing nothing but eating awesome food, lying in bed and just relaxing.
  • Buying scented candles.
  • Having a cleaner once a week - I love you Lynnie :)
What worked to bring your family together?
  • Trip to Thailand
  • Illness - not that illness is a rainbow but way the driving factor to bring us closer to together.
What is something that made you feel excited to dive right in?
  • Finding Miss L friendly foods and recipes.
What did you learn (positive things)?
  • I need to relax on the weekends.
  • School work can always until tomorrow.
  • I am a very passionate teacher.
  • Miss L is a clever little cookie - all parents think that about their kids :)
  • I enjoy quotes.
  • I don't need LOTS of friends just GOOD friends.
What are you grateful for?
  • Miss L
  • Mr Football
  • My family
  • My real friends
  • Health
  • My gorgeous house
  • My job
That was fun :) I like looking for the rainbows.

Here is today's shoe quote - Enjoy!!

“A pair of shoes can change your life. Just ask Cinderella.” -Anonymous

Until next time
xox

9 comments:

  1. WOW I have just found your blog through SYL Challenge. You are doing a a fantastic job!!!! You sound very positive and in love with your daughter and husband!!! I can't wait to follow your journey this year as we all try to simplify our life :) www.pjg2012.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your latest blog entry. Its the small things like watching Miss L and Mr Football that make you appreciate life. I watched my Miss S and Mr G yesterday at a 1st bday party amongst 40 people he sat and sang her Open Shut Them, followed by a a sing song of the Charely Bear Theme Song...she clapped and watched in awe of him. Behind my sunnies...tears of happiness well. Heart was full xx and the fact he didnt hang the washing out that morning faded away....hehehe

    I look forward to changing that doubting voice in my head this year and changing it to "I am Women Hear Me Roar" kind of voice. I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was a fun challenge!! i ove seeing other peoples take on the challenge
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pole dancing explanation!! hahaha so funny. Well done for getting to the gym first thing in the morning as well! I'm not a morning person but will just be happy to get myself back to the gym any time of the day!
    Jo
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi- I came over via the linky for SYL12! Sounds like you had a lot of positives last year- it is nice to reflect on the good things hey.

    Being asked to be assistant principal must be such an honor! Well done! Great that you are doing such a good job with it too.


    The teacher in me reads to my kids a lot too :D It is one of my favourite things to do with my boys.

    ALl the best for simplifying your life in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a fab post. Loving all the positives in your life. I'm a teacher too and I always read to my children and still do at times but now they are both the most amazing readers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is Dr Suess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - your post just oozes happiness and positivity and made me laugh too - so happy you are joining in the challenge - i know i am going to love your posts!

    deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great read! I also love 'Oh the places you'll go' and used to read it to my Year 10 students. You've reminded me to get myself a copy and read it to my kids.

    ReplyDelete