Thursday 5 January 2012

A New Addiction Has Started

In the last 24-30 hours I have been thinking non stop about my blog and what I'm going to say next, where I want to take the blog, is ANYONE reading this (Thanks to the very lovely blogging community for being so embracing, I was SOOOOOOOO excited to see I had 2 comments!!! Hi Mrs P - I know you will be checking in :)) and how do I explain to Mr Football - hehehe (Thats my cheeky blogging name for my gorgeous husband) I'm now a blogger!!!!!

It's crazy how INTO this I am and I've only done one blog post. I have been googling it (my student's favourite response to solve anything I don't know hehehe I love it when a 5 year old turns around with that look of "WHAT you don't know the answer - OMG Kinder teachers know everything" then goes "It's ok Mrs Running In Heels we will just google it"), I've been Facebook stalking many many pages - most of them I've been following the links from the Home Life Simplified page and talking with my friends.

I've discovered through all my research that we all are trying so hard to be perfect. The perfect mum, perfect wife, perfect friend, perfect career woman, perfect house cleaner, perfect chef, perfect gym bunny just plain old perfect in every way shape and form. Whilst we are trying to be this magical perfect person we are always looking over our shoulder at our siblings, friends, role models and just other people we know thinking "Man they have it altogether - WHY CAN I, what am I doing wrong????"

So this year I'm not going to try to be that perfect person I tried to be last year!!!! Let me be honest - I TRIED really hard to be that person and it wore me out. I was trying to be super mum to Miss L who was 2 in August, the perfect housewife, dynamite in the bedroom (hahaha I crack myself up writing that), Assistant Principal of a school of nearly 200 students, the guru teacher of Kinder/ Year One, coach of an A Grade netball team, great friend, godmother to 2 and perfect daughter/sister/ sister-in-law to both sides of our families who happen to dealing with cancer, mystery illness that nearly had my dad in box and recently a bad relationship (not mine). You know what happened - Yeah I burnt out!!!!

Not this year - This year is about making positive changes and being positive!!!!!

So in the spirit of my new year I found this awesome picture with a motto I'm going to try out!!!!

Be a rainbow in someone's cloud

Now I've got the picture and I'm going to try and upload it - if it's not here when I post, just use your imagination hehehehe


Ohhhhhhhhhhh I think its in - fingers crossed xxxxx      xxxxx

One last thing before I sign off for today - I think I might end my post with a good shoe quote!!!
What do you think?
Here is the first one - enjoy :)
The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.
Carl Jung
Until next time
xox

4 comments:

  1. Hi I love this post, its almost as if you have read my mind. I think we try so hard to be everything to everyone that we go so caught up in it and we forget to have some fun. I look forward to following your journey. Look out 2012 here we come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your motto. I'm also another who has always strived to be perfect. This year I'm going to strive to be happy instead :) all the best with the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - and totally agree with everything you have said! Why do we think we need to be pefect!? I have spent many years thinking I was the only one who felt all these strange things and was starting to think there was something wrong in my head because everyone else seemed to have perfect lives! What a relief I am normal! Thanks for popping by my blog. Look forward to travelling this road together!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there are many recovering perfectionists in the challenge - so happy to have you on board! I love your quotes and will share this one on the facebook page thanks!

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete